English is an integral part of the Engineering curriculum. It serves as a bridge between the students’ years of formal study before joining Engineering and the professional life during and after Engineering that requires them to use English on a daily basis.
• To improve the student’s fluency and accuracy in English as much as possible during the period of instruction
• To develop the student’s ability to hone their existing skills by using effective communication strategies throughout the instruction
• To provide an orientation to reach the expectation of the university, the college and the faculty both inside and outside of the classroom
• To prepare students to become more confident and active participants in all aspects of their undergraduate programs
The faculty of English is highly skilled at motivating and inspiring language students. Using tried and tested syllabus, our faculty help students to achieve their potential during the course.
The Department is equipped with excellent learning facilities including a well-resourced computer aided multimedia language laboratory. In the language laboratory, the students are not only given training in conversational English with emphasis on current usage in natural situations for both academic and everyday uses of English but also in elements of English pronunciation like basic sounds, stress, intonation and rhythm patterns, which are very important to natural-sounding speech familiar by name "PHONOTICS". It also includes training and practice in the presentation and preparation of academic talks. The focus is not only on fluency but also on clear as well as effective communication. It also helps students to participate actively and effectively in academic group discussions, seminars, conferences etc. The English Language Communiation Systems laboratory is certainly afeather in the cap of Arvindaksha.
Facilities available in English department at Arvindaksha are:
1. Computer-aided Multimedia Language Laboratory
2. Seminar Library
3. Communication Lab with T.V; V.C.R; OHP; LCD Projector,Desktop and Laptop Systems
4. Audio and Video Learning Resources.